Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Revlon Red Carpet

Introducing my collection in my last blog post had me wanting to try one of the newer colors that I've added. One of the downsides to having such a large collection is that I frequently am guilty of going back to the same colors that I know I already love. I typically gravitate towards pinks and purples, but as I've grown my collection I have tried to branch out and explore colors that are less predictable. One color in particular that I don't wear for clothing, or nail polish, is red. The only exception I'll make is for an IU shirt, but that's pretty much it. I don't know why I have such an aversion to red, but if you look in my closet I think you may only find two red shirts (both of which are IU). I have one redish nail polish that I love, OPI Cajun Shrimp, which I mentioned as one of my favorites. It's more of a reddish/coral/orange that a true red. Over the holidays, I decided I wanted to add a true red to my collection. I chose Revlon Red Carpet because, since I don't wear red often, I thought going with a drugstore brand (over Essie or OPI) would suit me better. 
I haven't tried one of the newer Revlon nail polishes (I believe they are called ColorStay), but they have been recommended to me. When I first started using this polish, I have to admit that I was extremely impressed. The formulation of this polish makes for such a great application. I honestly could have stopped at one coat. I painted my nails on Tuesday and I didn't get my first chip until Friday afternoon, which is pretty darn good for a drugstore brand. I don't want to discredit Revlon, but obviously they are less expensive than OPI or Essie. Regardless, 4 days of wear without chipping is pretty awesome. 
The only negative thing I have to say about this polish is that I felt like the brush was a bit thick. It made it a little challenging to get the edges of a nail without getting it on my skin. I think they chose a larger brush so that it takes less effort to cover the nail. However, I definitely prefer the skinnier brush of OPI or Essie so that I have better control of where the polish goes.
That being said, the formulation definitely outweighs my dislike of the brush. I will definitely be keeping an eye on these Revlon nail polishes because they are affordable and provide great color payoff.


xx Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment