Pages

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Nail Polish Collection

In order to truly appreciate these "Nail of the Day" posts, I thought I should back track and share my collection.


I can't get enough nail polish, even though I'm well over 60 different shades, colors, and varieties of nail polish. I found this picture on Pinterest and thought it was fitting for anyone like me who is continually, and obsessively, growing their nail polish collection.

Storage
I haven't needed to think of a creative way to store my polishes until my collection started to rapidly grow. I used to store them in a plastic box that I purchased from Target. As my collection began to grow, I found it increasingly difficult to organize my polishes and make it easy to browse through to select a polish. Now, I store my polishes in an over-the-door shoe rack.
As you can see, polishes are easy to see and are neatly organized. I have tried to organize them by shades and colors. The clear compartments make finding a specific polish a simple task. I have this hanging on the inside of my closet door, that way I can easily close the door and not have them just hanging on the door in the middle of my room. Maybe it's just me, but I don't particularly want them out in the open.

Lightsest: Baby Pinks & Nudes

From Left to Right
(All from Essie)
Angel Food, Ballet Slippers, Sugar Daddy, Fiji (my favorite light pink), and Topless and Barefoot

Darker Nudes/Dusty Rose:


From Left to Right
Essie Sand Tropez, Essie Buy me a Cameo, OPI Steady as She Rose, Revlon Cupid, OPI Sparrow me the Drama

"Hot" Pinks:

From Left to Right
Revlon Bubble Gum, Sally Hansen Digital, OPI That's Berry Daring, OPI Be A Dahlia Won't You (Fav!)

Neon Pinks/Corals/Deep Pinks:

From Left to Right
Essie Knockout Pout, China Glaze Pool Party, OPI Come to Poppy (Fav), OPI It's all Greek to me, Revlon Lava


Red-Oranges & Reds: 


From Left to Right
OPI Cajun Shrimp (Fav), OPI Monsooner or Later, OPI Friar, Friar Pants on Fire, Revlon Red, Revlon Red Carpet


Burgundies:
From Left to Right
Sally Hansen Wine Not, OPI The One that got Away, OPI Congeniality is my Middle Name, OPI Every Month is Oktoberfest (Fav)

Light to Bright Purple: 

From Left to Right
Revlon Gum Drop, Essie Lilacism, Revlon Not so Blueberry, OPI Planks a lot, OPI The Color to Watch, OPI Purple with a Purpose (Fav)

Deep Purples: 

From Left to Right
Essie Jamaica Me Happy, Revlon Grape Icy, OPI 3 Plums, I Win!, OPI Pamplona Purple, OPI It's my Year, OPI Lourve me Lourve me not (Fav)

Plums/Violets: 
From Left to Right
Revlon Sugar Plum, Revlon No Shrinking Violet, Sally Hansen Uptempo Plum

Yellow, Green, Bronze: 
From Left to Right
Avon Sunshine, OPI Simply Smashing, OPI Stranger Tides, OPI Mermaids Tears, Essie Mint Candy Apple (Fav), OPI Warm & Fozzie (Fav)

Grey/Navy/Black:
From Left to Right
OPI My Pointe Exactly, OPI Russian Navy (Fav), Essie Smokin' Hot, OPI My Private Jet (Fav), China Glaze Smoke and Ashes

Glitters: 
From Left to Right
Sephora Good Tidings We Bling (Red/Green Glitter), OPI Show it and Glow it, Maybelline Guest List Gold, Essie Stroke of Brilliance, OPI I Lily Love You

Shatters:


From Left to Right
Sally Hansen Antiqued Gold, OPI Silver, White, Black

Base & Top Coats: 
Sally Hansen UV Top Coat, Maximum Growth Top Coat, OPI Start to Finish Base and Top Coat, OPI Top Coat, Sally Hansen Base and Top Coat, and my absolute favorite top coat Sally Hansen Insta-dry

Honorable Mentions: 
Also Known as: they weren't where they were supposed to be during their photoshoot ;)

From Left to Right
OPI La Paz-itively Hot and OPI Let Me Entertain You

As you can see, I have quite the variety of absolutely everything. I know some people may think "oh my gosh, how can you spend so much money on nail polish?" Great question. I used to love getting my nails done, which can get pretty expensive quickly. I didn't own more than maybe a handful of polishes, so consequently, I wanted to get my nails done all the time. I haven't paid to get my nails done in over 2 years, therefore I feel like I can spend money on polishes and not feel a "buyers remorse" afterwards. It may not be the same spa-like feeling of paying to get my nails done, but I can paint my own more frequently and feel good about the money I save on paying AND tipping someone.

One thing I recommend if you're trying to expand your collections is to check out your local CVS pharmacy. They frequently have great deals on polishes, like Revlon. With their "extrabucks" system, you can scan your card in instantly get rewarded for polish. For example, you may be purchasing a nail polish that costs $6 and they may be have a deal where you get $3 "extrabucks" back. Granted, you then have to use those "extrabucks" at CVS, but there are always great deals that you can turn around and use those "extrabucks" to purchase.
A second recommendation is purchasing nail polish from sellers on Amazon. Frequently you can find notoriously expensive polishes, like OPI and Essie, for several dollars cheaper than full retail value. That's the way I grew my collection; it's hard to turn down $4 or $5 OPI or Essie polishes.

I suddenly feel like painting my nails. The hardest choice: what color will I choose today?

xx Anna










No comments:

Post a Comment