Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Back in 2013

Well, hello! It's been awhile. I haven't blogged in a while because the holidays got pretty hectic and my husband was home for about a week and a half. It was really special this year because it was our first Christmas as a married couple, and also his first Christmas home in 2 years. I have to admit that I was a little concerned about how stressful the holidays would be because of all the places we had to be. With his parents being divorced, we definitely had to spread our time around, but overall I'd say we made it through the holidays pretty well!

I've blogged before about where we will potentially end up after I graduate in May. We were hoping for North Carolina (or more specifically, Camp Lejeune) and it looks like we're getting our wish. I don't want to get my hopes up JUST in case it doesn't work out that way, but I seriously am so thrilled. It's only a 13 hour drive from Indy, whereas California would mean that coming home/being visited by family would literally be impossible). My husband will be coming home April 15th (which is awesome because that is 3 days before my birthday!) and we'll leave either the day after I graduate or the day after that (either May 5th or 6th). I'm really hoping that this works in our favor, but sometimes you never know with the military.

I still have another week before school starts and I'm definitely ready to begin this semester. I'm getting a little bored, especially now that my younger brother has started his final semester of high school. This semester will hopefully go by as quickly as the last, and I'm sure it will because I have just under 4 months until I graduate. It's more like 3.5 months, by the time school actually starts. Not to mention that I only have classes on MWF, so I'm sure that will definitely speed the process along.

It seems crazy that I'm about to start my final semester of college. It seems like just the other day that I graduated from high school and started college. I do, however, feel fortunate that I have my husband to lean on during the transition from student to actual adult in the real world. Speaking of which, he's actually starting to take online classes towards his degree.....so we're basically switching roles!

I feel like 2012 was such a great year for me and 2013 only holds more promise. We'll celebrate our anniversary on Feb. 3 (yes, conveniently on super bowl Sunday), I'm turning 22 in April, graduating (and also moving) in May. I've lived in the same place for almost 22 years, and my mom, grandma, and great grandma have lived here all their lives. I will definitely appreciate home more after we move, and will also look forward to moving back whenever my husband finishes his commitment to the Marine Corps.

I'll try to be better about blogging my final semester, since that is what this blog is about anyway. Clearly I should add "blogging" to my list of resolutions. :)

xx Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment