Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

OPI LA PAZ-ITIVELY HOT

It's currently about 12 degrees here in Indy and to beat the cold-weather blues, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to paint my nails a bright color. I've had this OPI polish, La Paz-itively Hot for about a year now and I fall more in love with it every time I wear it. It really is the perfect bright pink, without going over into a territory I don't feel comfortable: neon. I wanted to make sure to get a picture in natural light specifically because I hate when I look up a polish that I want to buy and then when I use it, it doesn't look the way it did online.
As we near the end of winter, I'm definitely over the darker polishes that I have used in the past couple of months. I'm ready to start wearing my favorite baby pinks, like Essie's Fiji, or one of my favorite bright reds, OPI Cajun Shrimp.
I figured La Paz-itively Hot was the perfect polish to begin my "Nail of the Day" posts because it is one of the polishes that I always find myself coming back to. One of the reasons I love this color is because it doesn't have glitter, but yet it shines as if it did. Don't get me wrong; I do love glitter, but sometimes the less-flashy polishes look better than the gaudy ones. Being fair-skinned, I also try to wear polishes that don't make me look even paler. This polish, however, I think flatters the pink undertones of fair-skin.
OPI polishes are known to be expensive, at around $8 for 0.5 ounces of product. However, I do believe that you get what you pay for. I find that OPI polishes don't chip as easily, without a top coat, and they apply perfectly with only two coats. I've used other, less-expensive, brands that chips almost instantly and required four coats to get a good color payoff. The best part is that I actually found this polish on Amazon for under $6, which I think is a total bargain when it comes to OPI. I have my own personal policy, which I can actually achieve thanks to Amazon, that I won't pay more than $6 for nail polish.





xx Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment