Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

OPI The Color to Watch

With the Super Bowl being tomorrow, I wanted to paint my nails to support the Baltimore Ravens. Now, since the Colts aren't in the Super Bowl this year I plan on having a relaxed time at the party we always attend. However, I will definitely be rooting for the Ravens over the 49ers! I'm not necessarily trying to match the Ravens shade of purple, but just generally wearing purple to support them. So, I took a good look at my purple shades and found one appropriate on multiple levels.
1. Winter-esque
2. Haven't worn it in a while
3. Not a pastel
The chosen color is.....

OPI The Color to Watch

I absolutely love this color, even though I think I haven't worn it since last winter. I love it because it's a light purple, but yet not a pastel. Hence how it is perfect for winter! About this time every year, I start to want to wear the lighter polishes I have. While there are no "nail polish police" to prevent me from doing so, I can't bring myself to dip into the pastels just yet. Also, when fall and winter arrive I get super excited for those colors that I want to truly appreciate those colors since I won't be able to pull them off in the next coming months.
I love the application of this polish because you could easily pull off one coat instead of the two. I would definitely stick with two just because I like the look of it better.
Another thing I love about this polish is the shimmer. I'll be the first to admit that I love glitter, but I absolutely hate trying to get glitter polish off my nails. I'll go a couple months without glitter, then use it again because I forget how much I hate it. The plus is obviously the staying power, but I'm not sure that it outweighs the torture of trying to get it off. I love the shimmer because I get a similar sparkly effect without the pain that comes with removing it.
As you can see, the color almost looks periwinkle rather than a true purple. I think the shimmer is more of a blue color, giving the look of a periwinkle. It looks ever so slightly darker in person, but it's not a significant difference from the pictures above.

Another thing that I want to mention is a potential giveaway for the viewers of my blog. Here's my proposition: I want to see who is actually reading what I have to say. Once I reach 10 or 15 followers then I'll come to an actual description of the giveaway, but I know it will involve nail polish. The giveaway will probably involve a few of my favorite polishes. So here's my promise: You follow the blog, or comment on posts, and I'll give one or two of those followers/commentors a few of my favorite polishes. Sound simple enough? In those comments you can recommend polishes to me, tell me your favorites etc. :)

xx Anna


No comments:

Post a Comment