Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2013

Cafe Escapes: Waste or Winner?

Okay, so as you know I consider my self to be snob-ish when it comes to coffee. I don't think that's a bad thing; I just know what I like when it comes to coffee. I've had my second disappointing moment with Keurig brand coffees. I was walking through Target with my younger brother last night and as usual I found myself looking at all the things I wasn't shopping for. I'm convinced that they have something magical at the entrance that reorganizes your brain to make you think you need a cart full of stuff when you only came in for one thing. That's besides the point, today. We're walking past this section, near electronics in our store, where I'm pretty sure it's just a bunch of stuff that's on sale. They had two-packs of mascara, lotions, etc. Nothing really super exciting, although I'm pretty sure the mascaras were only $9.99 which is a great price for two mascaras! Anyway, so we're walking and they have this section of Keurig coffees that aren't in the coffee isle. Like I said, I really don't know what's up with that but it's been there since after Christmas. They had these Cafe Escapes which basically sounded like a latte-like coffee that brews all in one. It was only $2.99 for a 3-pack, so I went ahead and stuck it in the basket. I noticed later that they had them in the larger packs in the coffee isle.
I decided to give it a try this morning and I could barely even drink half of it. It tastes so artificial. Clearly you can see that it says "artificially flavored" below the flavor. It's artificial to the point of being clearly noticeable and unpleasant. Many other artificially flavored things are at least pleasant and don't taste almost like plastic. I'm so happy I only bought a sample pack instead of the full size box because it is such a waste of money. The idea is there, but the execution is extremely poor. I later looked at the ingredients and it's not even actual coffee; it's instant coffee which is terrible anyway! I don't think I could be more disappointed with this product.  I'd rather pay $3-$4 at Starbucks and actually get a good latte instead of the $3 I spent on this.

I still love Keurig, but I will steer clear of any product in the future that promises something like this! My daily coffee experience is something I treasure, just because it is a moment to myself and something I enjoy. Luckily it's a Saturday and I get a do-over this morning. It's time to go brew some REAL coffee and have that quiet moment. :)

xx Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment