Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Essie Angel Food

If you've been following this blog, you know that I'm in the process of narrowing my collection for our big move to Hawaii. My goal was to choose around 10 colors, but I think I have at least 15. Oops! It's such a hard thing for someone like me who loves having such a wide variety of colors at my finger tips. One color I had to choose was the perfect "nude" color. It's not really a nude, but it's definitely a light neutral. Two colors that are practically identical in my collection are Essie Angel Food and Essie Ballet Slippers. I chose Angel Food because it's SLIGHTLY (like .00009%) more pinkish than Ballet Slipper. If you've ever seen an actual ballet slipper then you know that it's more nude than pink. These colors look the same in the bottle, which is why I decided that I could only take one with me.

I first discovered this polish almost a year and a half ago when I was watching the Food Network. Weird, right? Well, my guilty pleasure is waking up on Saturday mornings, drinking coffee, painting my nails, and watching the new episodes on the Food Network. I sound exciting, don't I? :) My  favorite chef is Giada DeLaurentiis, which is how I discovered this polish! I always wondered what color she wore on her nails because it is such a flattering neutral that doesn't stand out too much, yet still looks like you're wearing nail polish. I started following her on twitter and saw that someone asked her and she said that she wears Essie Angel Food and Essie Ballet Slipper. I immediately bought Ballet Slipper and then bought Angel Food sometime later.
It looks a LITTLE darker here, almost looking like Essie Fiji, but it's still more sheer. I think this is the perfect color when you're doing something professional or want to look sophisticated. It even kind of replaces a french manicure for me. If you use only one coat of this, you can even use it for a french manicure. I've done it, but it depends on how sheer you like your french manicure.

You can tell a little better in this picture that it's not as dark as the first. I just really like this color. It's great when you want to wear nail polish, but don't want something bright or colorful.

I'll have another post on Thursday or Friday. My birthday is on Thursday (yay!) and I already know what I want to do for "special" 22nd-birthday-worthy nails. Can't wait to show you guys! :)

xx Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment