Pages

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Moving Update

So I have some rather big news for those of you who have been following my posts about my husband getting orders in April. Originally, we were told it would either be California or North Carolina. We were SO hoping for North Carolina because it's only a 13 hour drive to our hometown of Greenwood, IN. However, we didn't get either of those. Drum roll please........

We're being sent to HAWAII. It's pretty unbelievable and it really hasn't set in yet. I think because I've been so looking forward to NC, that it doesn't even seem real that in 2 months we'll be in Hawaii. It's pretty bittersweet. On one hand, we probably won't be able to come home very often in the next 2 years because of the expense of travel. Not only that, but the cost of living is so high that it will be impossible to save any money. Thankfully we've already been saving as much as possible to cushion us a little bit. And on the other hand, how many opportunities come around like this? Honestly, I would probably never get to go to Hawaii any other time in my life. My husband and I are too cheap for travel and I doubt we'll travel much, except maybe when we have kids in the future. It'll be like a 2 year vacation, except I'll obviously have to find work somehow. Again, the downside will be not seeing my friends or family (that more than likely won't or couldn't afford to visit us) for 2 years. I'm hoping that if we both can't visit home, then at least maybe I could at some point.

I'm trying to be optimistic about it rather than bummed. It seems selfish and ungrateful for me to be upset when many people would only dream of being able to live somewhere like this. So I'm guessing that I'll have even more to blog about now, as far as travel goes, because I'm guessing NC wouldn't have been quite as exciting.

Anyway, I'll let you know more as I find out. I've only known for about 12 hours, so all I know at this point is that we'll be in Hawaii. I'm curious to find out about where we'll actually be and how in the world we'll get our stuff moved there. Clearly most of my nail polish collection will have to stay behind....lol

xx Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment