Pages

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Wheels Up!

I've got about 7 hours until my flight leaves and 5 until I have to head to the airport. I fly all the time; usually once every few months, so I'm a fairly seasoned traveler. I'm more excited this time, though because I have a straight through flight with only one stop. Translated: I don't have to get off the plane at all! I'm excited because I hate the process of getting on the plane and trying to find a seat because I fly Southwest and they do not assign seats. The only downside would be that I can't get off the plane for anything I might need. However, that's why I stashed a few protein bars in my carry-on bag. I'm also hoping that the flight may seem to be faster than it really is because we have a stop, but are really in the air for majority of the time.

As much as I fly, I truly do not like it. I think it's just about being in a cramped space for so long. I also don't like waiting in line to get through security, but maybe it won't be that busy at the airport since it's a weekday. We'll see! I also kind of struggle with the time difference. I arrive at around 6:30, which is 9:30 at home, and after a day of flying I'm pretty exhausted. I wake up earlier but then I want to fall asleep earlier too. Then by the time I get semi-used to it, I'm on a plane back home! Oh well. We don't have much longer to fly back and forth. The "6-month mark" just passed a few days ago on the graduation countdown. He'll be home for Christmas (yay) and then I'll try to go out there on spring break if his work schedule permits....or if we can afford it if I'll be out there a month later. Speaking of that, I said in a previous post that he would be transferred to a new unit around the time of my graduation. Apparently that has been moved back to June, which means I'll move out to Seattle for a month and then we'll move again....ugh. I truly do hate moving. I've only done it a few times. Once when we moved when I was 11, and then the moving in and out of college dorms the past 3 years. I just can't seem to organize things because I'm so fed up and everything is just a mess. I think I'm more organized when I move in, but not organized at all when I move out. On top of the stress we'll have on moving, we'll also have to take our 2 cats, Luna & Lily, with us. My husband thought he wanted to drive across the country with our stuff and the girls....crazy, right? So I think we'll attempt to fly with them. This also means we have to buy another carrying thing for them because they must be in separate things according to the airlines, which is unfortunate because they're sisters so they've never been apart. Oh well, maybe if they're next to each other then it won't be so bad.

That was quite a lot of rambling. I decided to post something as I wait for a professor to post a quiz that was SUPPOSED to be up yesterday afternoon. Luckily, if he doesn't post it until later I can always take the quiz when we get to our place. I was just hoping that I would have all this stuff done beforehand, but I can't really control my professor putting things online when he's supposed to!

I've only been up for about 30 minutes. I haven't even had coffee yet and I'm starting to get that mini-headache from it....pathetic, I know. I better get ready and finish the last minute packing!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday!

xx Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment