Pages

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Best Banana Bread EVER

I warned that this blog would be random. Even though I already posted today, this beauty just came out of the oven and I had to share the recipe with you.

Preheat your oven to 350 and spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray.

Ingredients:
1/2 cup softened butter
3/4 cup brown sugar (I use light)
2 eggs
3-4 ripened bananas. The longer you let them ripen/brown, the better it will be!
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg (optional)
1/4 tsp salt

Directions:
First, in a large bowl, beat together the butter and brown sugar until creamy. Add the eggs, bananas, and vanilla and beat until well combined.

Next, in a separate bowl, combine the flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Then add the flour mixture into the banana mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter into the loaf pan and bake 55-60 minutes. I typically have to bake it about 65 minutes, but it really depends on your oven. Just take a peek and stick a tooth pick in near the end time to be sure.

I love this recipe because it is almost cake like instead of the typical banana bread. Most banana breads just taste like bananas, but the cinnamon and nutmeg make this recipe different. If you don't like nutmeg, you don't have to add it. I usually don't even use a full 1/4 tsp. I'd say I use close to an 1/8 tsp just because I don't love nutmeg. I try to let it cool for 15-30 minutes, depending on how long I can hold off. If you're not going to eat it right away, or are planning to let it cool completely or give it to someone, I would let it cool as long as possible before wrapping it up. Otherwise, the steam will just collect and make the bread soggy.

Let me know if you try it!

xx Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment