Pages

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Introduction

I realized that my freshman year of college (back in 2009) I had intended to blog about my experiences living with a foreign roommate. That didn't quite happen. I think I only blogged for about seven days. I'm sure my former roommate did some blog-worthy things, but I suppose I got caught up with school and totally spaced blogging. Now I am a senior and about to graduate in May. That's only 6 months away. Not that I'm counting....okay, maybe I am.

The reason I plan on blogging the next 6 months, or beyond depending on if people actually read this, is because my life is changing and evolving over the next 6 months like I never thought possible. I think a lot of seniors have similar experiences, but mine seems particularly hectic. The story begins with me choosing (3 years ago) to be an English Teaching major. I thought I would enjoy being a teacher, but it turns out that I'm not so confidant in that career path and think I would be happier doing something else. Luckily for me, I have English to fall back on and will be getting a BA in English Literary Studies in May.

Not only did I make the last minute decision to take my career on another path, but I have no idea where I will be living in 6 months. Because my husband is a Marine, who is currently stationed near Seattle, WA, is scheduled to move to a new unit one month before I graduate, I have no idea where we will be. We at least know that it will be California or North Carolina and we're rooting for the latter. I'm pretty sure there is nothing scarier than the combination of graduating in 6 months and not knowing where you will live.

Everyone who blogs always says that you need to have a focus to find a target audience. Well, that's not so easy when you love a variety of different things and want to be able to talk about all of them. I couldn't narrow it down to one topic, so I thought maybe I could see how a complex blog would work and go from there. Posts may vary from school and all that exciting stuff, to my latest nail polish obsession, and my food/cooking finds. If my crazy idea doesn't work, then maybe I'll have to narrow my ideas. I'm hoping that I can find an audience that finds what I have to say remotely interesting. With my first, rather pathetic attempt to blog, my family members were the ones to read my blogs. For this blog, I'm hoping to go beyond that and find people who can relate to my situation that aren't my family. More later.

xx Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment